Nursing Summer Externship Program
Our Summer Student Nurse Extern program is a 9 week summer session offering clinical exposure for nursing students enrolled in an accredited ADN or BSN program (preferably BSN program) who are entering their last year of courses. We provide a combination of both application of clinical skills and classroom learning activities. The Student Nurse Extern is paired with an RN preceptor for the duration of the program and will assume his/her time schedule. Student Nurse Externs will assist their preceptor in the delivery of direct patient care thereby, assisting the extern in assimilation of content.
Summer 2014 Externship Program
Provide student nurses with the opportunity to enhance their clinical skill level through the application of theoretical knowledge gained through their nursing program. Assist student nurses' entry into practice and ease the transition from student to professional nurse.
- Graduating between August 2014 and May 2015
- Successfully meets employment criteria for CHI St. Luke's Health Episcopal Hospital
- Desire to work with adult patients with acute or chronic illnesses
- Must have cumulative and Nursing GPA of 3.0 or above without rounding up
- Must be able to work Full Time (at least 80 hours/pay period) including weekends (BOTH Saturday & Sundays)
- Currently enrolled in an accredited BSN program.
|Program starts:||Summer 2014|