Nursing Summer Externship Program
Our Summer Student Nurse Extern program is a 10 week summer session offering clinical exposure for nursing students enrolled in an accredited ADN or BSN program (preferably BSN program) who are entering their last year of courses. We provide a combination of both application of clinical skills and classroom learning activities. The Student Nurse Extern is paired with an RN preceptor for the duration of the program and will assume his/her time schedule. Student Nurse Externs will assist their preceptor in the delivery of direct patient care thereby, assisting the extern in assimilation of content.
Summer 2015 Externship Program
Provide student nurses with the opportunity to enhance their clinical skill level through the application of theoretical knowledge gained through their nursing program. Assist student nurses' entry into practice and ease the transition from student to professional nurse.
This is not for graduating nurses. This position is for BSN nursing students who are currently enrolled in nursing school.
- BSN students currently enrolled in an accredited school of nursing BSN program
- Must be in the final year of the BSN program
graduating Fall (December) 2015 or Spring (April/May) 2016
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and nursing GPA of 3.0 or higher
(we do not round up)
- Must be able to work at least 3 twelve hour shifts per week including weekend shifts
- Successfully meets employment criteria for CHI St. Luke's Health
|Program span:||May 26 - July 31, 2015|